His idea is to run an annual health and wellbeing gathering in Girvan, covering a wide range of subjects which come under the Mind Body Spirit banner. Chris has noticed a growing number of individuals in the area who are interested in the subject and sees an opportunity to bring them together with inspirational people out with the area to create something new in Girvan.
The idea is to start off with a small event and each year let it grow as its reputation spreads. Bringing visitors to the area will also benefit local businesses and accommodation.
Chris is holding his launch event on Saturday 13 October 2018 which will set the wheels in motion for bigger and better things to come. The event will host a selection of Mind Body Spirit workshops, speakers, therapies and other related activities for all ages, including:
- Parkrun: 9.30 meeting point is the Quay Zone
- Fire therapy workshop: 10.30, Chris Saunders, Girvan Community Garden
- Mindfulness and compassion workshop: 11.00, Alex Cowie, Girvan Community Garden
- Acro yoga: 11.30, Claire Blair, The Townhouse
- Hypnotherapy workshop: 12.30 Sarah Russell, The Townhouse
- Bowen therapy workshop: 1.30, Rosslyn McNally, Girvan Community Garden
- SUP yoga: 2.30, Claire Blair meeting point is Adventure Centre for Education (ACE). Booking essential, 8 spaces available (booking details to follow)
- Sound journey: 2.30, Pamela Jo Proudfoot, The Townhouse
- Laughter yoga workshop: 3.30, The Well Happy crew, The Townhouse
- Well Happy Band performance: 4.30, Girvan Community Garden
Girvan Community Garden will become a space for relaxation and chilling, there will be tea, coffee and soft drinks available as well as a selection of food on offer.
The launch event marks the start of a year of Mind Body Spirit offerings which will culminate in the first full weekend Mind Body Spirit gathering in Girvan in 2019.
Chris said: “Mind Body Spirit subjects have been a great part of my life for the past thirty years. I love to share learning and knowledge to help people get the best out of their life. The diverse subject matter in the Mind Body Spirit subjects can help people of all ages – from the young to the aged and those who may have health issues.
“I’m looking forward to being part of the What if…Girvan programme learning new things and meeting new people. It will help make this idea become a reality.”
Find out more about Chris' idea on the Facebook page. Or get in touch on email at MBSGirvan@gmail.com