The NatWest SE100 report is the biggest survey of the UK social enterprise sector’s turnover, growth, profitability and employment to date and compiles data from 2,120 social enterprises.
Results reveal a sector growing from strength to strength with profits of nearly £1bn and with average year-on-year growth in turnover for the established social enterprises of 61%.
Key findings from the report are:
- The social enterprise sector is growing strongly – with average year-on-year growth in turnover for the established social enterprises on the Index of 61%
- The leading social enterprises are growing at a phenomenal rate with average year-on-year growth of the 100 fastest growing enterprises of 932%
- 57% of social enterprises reported growth in their turnover
- Social enterprises on the NatWest SE100 Index reported a combined total of £934m in profit, with a significant proportion of this profit used to further their social or environmental goals.
- 84% of the enterprises on the Index are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) or micro-enterprises.
To read the full findings, download the report here.
Read the NatWest news story here.