The Social Enterprise Growth Accelerator supports ambitious social enterprises in Glasgow to strengthen their organisations, achieve growth, and scale their social impact.
What are the benefits of the programme?
This programme offers intensive one-to-one and group-based business support, training from sector experts and access to potential investors and lenders.
As participants of the programme you get access to:
- Professional Expertise & Advice: We have a network of industry experts in areas including: social impact, IP, finance, risk management, digital, and more to help strengthen your business.
- Business support: Our team of advisors will work with you on a one-to-one and group basis to put a scale-up plan in place. They’re experts in their field and understand the unique drivers for social entrepreneurs.
- Peer Support: You will be working with other social enterprises on a similar journey, who will act as a sounding board and a safe place to share experiences, ideas, and concerns.
- Access to networks & investment opportunities: We have supported dozens of social enterprises to scale before, so we have access to lenders and investor networks who can help you finance your growth plan.
For you if you…
- Are an incorporated social enterprise (CIC, Company Ltd by Guarantee, LLP, PLC, sole trader or legally constituted third sector organisation).
- Have at least one year of track record, or an early stage idea with high-growth potential.
- Employ less than 250 employees.
- Operate from within Glasgow City Council boundary and, if, in business premises, you must be registered with the Non-Domestic Rates office within the Council.
- Are not engaged in any activities such as gambling or other industries that could be deemed unethical.
- Are hoping to scale up your business/product/service in the next 6-12 months but need expert support and possibly investment to realise your ambitions.
- And your team are motivated and committed to building a scalable business and can commit to the programme of support.