What is What if … North Edinburgh
What If … North Edinburgh is our place-based programme of support. It is designed to help communities use enterprise as a means of at the earliest stage of enterprise.
Who is the programme for?
The What if … is for anyone living in the local area (Muirhouse, Wester Drylaw, West Pilton, Granton, Royston and Wardieburn areas) who wants to turn an idea that benefits the community into action
What are the benefits of the programme?
Those registered on the What if … programme benefit from:
- One to one business advice
- Access to locally run workshops and events.
- Potential funding for your social enterprise idea
How the programme works
The programme provides one to one advice, resources and training to get enterprising ideas off the ground. All this is led and facilitated in the community by someone already in the community. What if … North Edinburgh has already hosted a wide range of workshops and support including:
- Money Magic Workshop, providing support to improve confidence with managing money.
- Marketplace group meetings, assisting in the development of a local market place at North Edinburgh Arts celebrating local trade.
- Idea Generation workshops, where the community can come together to identify some key ideas to improve the local area.
- Branding and Marketing workshops, to provide the local community with skills to further their ideas.
- Digital Skills workshops, improving access to digital platforms for members of the community
- Art and Craft Entrepreneurs Networking events
So, What Now? Course Registration
The six-week workshop series will help individuals identify actions to take to help their local community and develop the skills to get these ideas up and running.
Starting on the 2nd November 2020, the ‘So, What Now?’ group will meet weekly to discuss concerns, take part in upskilling sessions, and access tailored training to support their ideas. Participants will finish the course with the skills and knowledge to get their ideas off to the best possible start.
Have a question?
If you have a question about the What if … programme then please contact our community based manager Julie: firstname.lastname@example.org