Firstport are proud to be accredited as a real living wage employer. This accreditation celebrates Firstport’s commitment to go further than the minimal wage, and pay staff a fair and liveable wage.
Firstport are proud Scottish Business Pledge partners. By making this pledge Firstport demonstrate that we pay the real living wage, do not use zero-hour contracts, and are actively combatting the gender pay gap. We have also made commitments to the following elements of the pledge:
- Environmental impact
- Investing in a skilled and diverse workforce
- Workforce Engagement
- Community Support
- Prompt Payment
The pledge is reviewed on an annual basis, where we assess our progress and ensure we are meeting all standards necesssary to demonstrate our commitment to a more sustainable and ethical way of business.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer Firstport have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term
- health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Early in 2020, Firstport started to fully address the question of diversity and inclusion through our Inclusion and Diversity working group. We understand that although we have made progress over the years there are many areas where we could do better. This working group was set up to formalise our commitments to inclusion and diversity, and put necessary practices into play in our working environment. You can stay up to date with the group’s progress right here on our website.