- What does Governance mean to you?
- Do you know you will need a Board?
- Who can be on your Board?
- What are the responsibilities of a Board member?
This 45 minute webinar will clarify some of your initial concerns and reassure you of the help and support available to help you along your path of developing a social enterprise. The webinar is complimentary to the Legal Structures workshops available through Just Enterprise but will not investigate different structures and incorporation of your social enterprise.
For you if: You are considering starting up a new social enterprise and would like an overview of governance and the roles and responsibilities of boards.
NOT for you if: You are looking for legal advice or in depth guidance about legal structures.
Wednesday 25th August 2021 – 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Monday 22nd November 2021 – 12.00 noon to 1.00pm
An essential element in starting a social enterprise is in managing your finances effectively – controlling the flow of money in and out.
This 2 hour introductory workshop will highlight the importance of monitoring and planning, considering additional income streams and sources and the need to demonstrate both the viability and the sustainability of your social enterprise.
For you if:
- you are in the early stages of developing your social enterprise
NOT for you if:
- you are a not a pre-start or early start up social enterprise
Dates: Monday 6th September 2021 – 1.30pm to 3.30pm
When starting up a social enterprise, legal implications can unfortunately be overlooked with so many other things to consider.
This two hour session will highlight several of the key legal matters common to many social enterprises that will require your consideration prior to and during start up. From which legal structure to adopt, to licences, insurances, employing people, etc., this introduction will help you prioritise your legal requirements.
For you if:
- You are starting a social enterprise and want to know about legal implications
NOT for you if:
- You are looking for legal advice rather than guidance.
Dates: Wednesday 8th September 2021 – 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Webinar: Marketing Your Business
This webinar will help you to create a realistic marketing plan for your business to help you to increase your sales.
Dates: Thursday 9th September 2021 – 2.00pm to 3.00pm
This workshop looks at both essential angles: social/environmental impact and commercial viability of the business. It’s an interactive session which is aimed at early stage social enterprises or early start-ups looking to re-focus their business model. Through a combination of theoretical explanations and practical exercises this course will take you through the main steps of planning & delivery for social enterprise.
Join this interactive online workshop to find out more!
For you if:
- You’ve got an idea for a social enterprise or have recently started trading and are looking for some structure and guidance on how to balance the commercial and social impact elements of your business idea.
Dates: Thursday 16th September 2021 – 10.30am to 12.30pm
Webinar: Introduction to Market Research
This webinar will help you to understand why market research is important for your business plan and will provide an overview of different market research methods and the tools you can utilise to understand your customers, identify your competitors and feed into your marketing strategy.
Dates: Thursday 16th September 2021 – 2:00pm to 3:00 pm
Webinar: Plan Your Market Research
When planning your business, the starting point is to conduct market research to evidence the need (social) and commercial potential (enterprise). Get it right by choosing the right tools and channels. This webinar will help you to:
- Identify your market and customers
- Define the things that make you unique
- Engage with both customers and beneficiaries
Dates: Thursday 23rd September – 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Webinar: Mem & Arts
When starting up a social enterprise, legal terms can be confusing or scary. This webinar session will clarify why you need a Memorandum when establishing a company and provide you with a guide to considering your Articles of Association – your rules for your social enterprise. A soft touch, non-legal explanation of the importance of “Mem & Arts.”
Dates: Wednesday 29th September – 11.00am to 12.00 noon
Webinar: Review Your Cashflow
You have completed a Cashflow “Forecast” for your Business Plan, but is that its only use? Can the Cashflow become your most valued planning tool as your business evolves? This short Webinar will begin to look at ways of “playing” with figures; dreaming of expansion; calculating timescales and demonstrating that being in control of your social enterprise means being on top of your Cashflow.
Dates: Wednesday 13th October 2021 – 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Webinar: Business Model Canvas & Business Planning
This 1 hour webinar takes you through the essential components of a social enterprise, how those elements fit together and how to consciously design a business that achieves both impact and profit.
Dates: Tuesday 19th October 2021 – 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Webinar: Starting a Charity
If you are considering setting up a charity this 1 hour introductory webinar will help you better understand:
- “The Charity Test”
- The duties of a Trustee
- Appropriate legal structures – SCIO and Company Limited by Guarantee with Charitable Status
Dates: Wednesday 20th October 2021 – 11.00am to 12.00pm
Webinar: SWOT Analysis for Rural Social Enterprise
This webinar explores the challenges and opportunities, the ethos and collective leadership of rural social enterprise, including:
- Impact as USP
- Collaboration between sectors and communities
- Role in capacity building
- Blended approach to finance
Duration: Up to 60 mins
For you if:
You are at the early stages of setting up a rural social enterprise.
Dates: Tuesday 26th October 2021 – 11.00am to 12.00 noon
Workshop: Introduction to Branding & Marketing
This 2 hour workshop will look at understanding the role of marketing, understanding the marketing mix, the importance of understanding your customers, the core components of a brand and the value of a strong and consistent branding.
For you if:
- you have a great social enterprise idea or are in the early stages of trading and need to know more about branding and marketing techniques
- you are looking to develop a strong brand which reflects the values and purpose of your social enterprise.
- you want to learn more about strategies which will help you reach and keep customers or clients
Dates: Thursday 28th October 2021 – 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Workshop: Digital Ways of Working
This 2 hour workshop will guide you through user research, product design and engaging with your beneficiaries and customers via social media platforms. We discuss building a brand in a digital world – use of storytelling in brand and content creation, examples of social enterprises who got it right, digital tools and tips for start ups. Content includes:
- What is the problem you are trying to solve?
- How to engage with your audiences (both beneficiaries and customers), through which channels and why bother?
- The role of your social media community in testing the design (of your product or service)
- User research, user journey and testing efficiency of the digital journey
- How do you know it is working? Introduction to analytics and evidence/data
- Signposting to existing workshops and resources – e.g. Digital Boost
Dates: Tuesday 2nd November 2021 – 10.30am to 12.30pm
Webinar: Book Keeping
The process of book keeping can be as simple or as detailed as you need it to be. This session introduces simple models to enable you to easily monitor/log the expenditure of your social enterprise while highlighting how effective book keeping can save you money.
Dates: Wednesday 10th November 2021 – 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Webinar: Mission & Objectives
Being clear on your social mission is crucial. This webinar will explain how to identify and analyse the need and how your social enterprise responds to that need. Find out how to plan and be clear on the client benefit, how to communicate your mission and objectives to others, and how to stay focused on the beneficiaries from the start.
Dates: Thursday 11th November 2021 – 2.00pm to 3.00pm