What is the funding for?
If you have an idea to create positive change in Scotland, Pounds for Purpose can help cover the costs up to £500. We can also provide one-to-one support if you decide to turn your idea into a social enterprise.
Who can apply?
Individuals aged 16-26 who meet the eligibility criteria set out below. Please note that we cannot fund college/university projects.
Applications must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant is aged 16-26.
- The applicant is a permanent resident of Scotland.
- The idea operates primarily for the benefit of people or communities in Scotland.
- The idea and its activities do not involve political campaigning or the advancement of religion.
- The project is not already up and running.
- The applicant is developing the project independently or with the help of a small team of individuals and is not applying on behalf of a pre-existing, established organisation. This means we cannot fund college/university projects.
- The applicant is able to spend the award budget and report on the project within 6 months.
Where do I apply?
You can apply for this fund here: Apply Now
How we assess your application
Once we receive your application, one of the Awards Team will arrange a brief chat to gather further information ahead of a decision-making panel. You should receive a decision within 6-8 weeks of application.
Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria can benefit from a Pounds for Purpose award and we assess each application on its individual merits. The panel are looking for strong ideas that can spend the grant within 6 months. The panel will also prioritise those ideas that have the potential to become social enterprises.
You can get free business advice for your social enterprise idea by accessing our start-up support through Just Enterprise. You can get advice before applying for one of our funding programmes, or at any stage after you have made an application. We find that applicants who work with our advisors through start-up support submit stronger applications, giving them a better chance of securing an award.
Find out more about our start-up support we offer